Prague Thrift Store helps you if...
- You need more space in the garage/basement/closets
- You don't like throwing perfectly good stuff into the garbage
- You're moving and there's just way too much to move it all
- You would rather support a charity instead of filling landfills
- You know there are people in need who will give a second life to your unwanted items
What's in it for you?
Whoever you are or whatever you do, working with us to raise funds for supporting people who need our help will benefit you – in all sorts of unexpected ways.
- Your items will be picked up from your home or office at your convenience - at no cost to you.
- Reduce your carbon footprint by reducing, recycling and reusing
- Good karma, pay it forward!
- Donate to Prague Thrift Store and get a 30% discount card
Cleaning up your household and getting rid of items you haven't used for long time and don't need anymore? Why not donate them to a good cause instead of throwing them away? Get more space in your garage. Items in good enough condition, no need to be sent to the landfill, donate to Prague Thrift Store instead!
By donating to the Prague Thrift Store you are not just supporting the green and recycling environment, but are also supporting non-profits: homeless center, mothers shelter and family shelters.
- Shoppers on low budget can be purchasing items for a fraction of the commercial retail price level.
What to donate ?: Good (acceptable) condition clothing, house wares, shoes, accessories, jewelry, books, art, (functioning) electronics, well treated furniture and anything else that is usable and resalable.
Items are are not able to accept for donation: Very old bulky furniture, any furniture in need of reparation, clothing with stains or holes on it, and of course, items that were recalled from being sold for being hazardous.
After collection, your donation goes through a careful selection process. All the resalable clothing is cleaned and washed, and the clothes in prime condition go for re-sale in the shop. Those items not "like new" but still in great condition are then distributed to our non-profit partners for redistribution to those in need. The bric-a-brac and furniture items are also selected and categorized, some of them going to help the mothers shelter's refurbishing project, while some of them will directly support the organization by being sold in the store.
Whether you're donating or shopping – you HELP!